To balance a chemical equation, enter an equation of a chemical reaction and press the Balance button. The balanced equation will appear above.
- Use uppercase for the first character in the element and lowercase for the second character. Examples: Fe, Au, Co, Br, C, O, N, F.
- Ionic charges are not yet supported and will be ignored.
- Replace immutable groups in compounds to avoid ambiguity. For example, C6H5C2H5 + O2 = C6H5OH + CO2 + H2O will not be balanced, but XC2H5 + O2 = XOH + CO2 + H2O will.
- Compound states [like (s) (aq) or (g)] are not required.
- You can use parenthesis () or brackets .
How To Balance Equations
Read our article on how to balance chemical equations or ask for help in our chat.
You can also ask for help in our forums.